Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Piece of Cake

I've been enjoying this third course of Wilton's Cake decorating as it uses fondant.  I still don't care for the taste and can't understand why somone would want all that work to go in to something just to have it peeled off and set aside.  Give me a good buttercream frosting any day :-)  I've yet to figure out what my final project will be (some sort of two tiered cake) but I did finish the first project of covering a cake in fondant.  I can't take any credit for the design as it comes straight out of the class booklet.

1 comment:

  1. The cake is beautiful, but I totally agree with you on fondant. I am a buttercream girl, myself. I have never looked at a fondant cake and said, "I can't wait to take a bite of that cake!" On the other hand, if I see a luscious buttercream cake, my mouth is usually watering!

    ReplyDelete