Monday, April 25, 2011

Oreo Sugar Cookies



 The Mixing Bowl is one of my favorite sites to visit.  It sort of takes me back to the first days of the Internet where you joined groups and chatted (via email)  amongst your friends through them.  My favorite groups to join were the ones that shared recipes.
     A recent recipe intrigued me... could it be that two of my favorite cookies (Oreos and sugar cookies) would make an awesome creation?  Here's the original post.
Oreo Sugar Cookies
Adapted by Vivian
Ingredients:
• 1 ½ cup butter, softened
• 2 cups sugar
• 2 eggs
• 5 tsp vanilla
• 2 tsp almond extract (I would omit next time)
• 3 cups flour
• 1 tsp salt
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1 cup crushed Oreo cookies (I would increase amount by half a cup)

       Directions:
 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, vanilla and almond extract. Mix until fully incorporated.
n a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking powder.  Whisk together until combined. .
Slowly pour in to butter and sugar mixture. Mix until fully combined.
Fold in crushed Oreo’s

Scoop by the tablespoonful onto a lined baking/cookie sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.  Remove from cookie sheet and let cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment