Monday, September 26, 2011

Cake mix cookies challenge: Caramel Corn Cookies


This has been a crazy month with all the garden produce coming in at once.  Why does that always happen? I've been canning like crazy and still trying to keep up on my challenges.  I'm managing pretty well, only I haven't been keeping up with posting on my blog.
It is with deep sadness that I will have more time on my hands now and should get back into the swing of things.  My husband had lost his job in May and although the circumstances weren't ideal, I loved having my husband home the past four months!  He started a new job today and will be missed greatly during my days.  I think retirement is too far off!  Miss you Neil!
Anyway, This month's Cookie Carnival Challenge was to create a cookie using a boxed cake mix.  I wanted to try and create one of our favorite fall treats; Caramel Corn.  While they are not quite the caramel corn flavor I was looking for, I did get thumbs up reviews from the cookie bunch! The cookie carnival is  great and is always looking for new members.  Pop on over to Tami's site and join us today~

Caramel Corn Cookies
1 box Betty Crocker Vanilla Cake Mix
2 eggs
1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
1 1/2 cups crushed Kix cereal, divided
1 cup peanuts, coarsely chopped
1 cup Kraft Caramel Bits (found in the baking aisle with the chocolate chips.. I think they are a seasonal item)


Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Combine Cake mix, eggs and oil; mix well together.  Add 1/2 cup crushed Kix cereal, peanuts and caramel bits, blend well.
Roll 1 tablespoon of dough into remaining Kix cereal and place on lightly greased cookie sheet (I use parchment paper instead),  and space two inches apart.
Bake for 12-15 minutes.  Let cool on cookie sheet two minutes before placing on cooling rack.


No comments:

Post a Comment