Saturday, March 24, 2012

Breakfast Sausage Casserole

To raise money for the Women's retreat, our church made a cookbook.  This breakfast casserole is the first actual meal I have made from it.  This was super easy and very tasty.  It would be tasty to add some onion and peppers to it as well.... but not if you ask my husband!
Life has been a bit ho hum lately.  With everyone back living at home I suppose that is a good thing! I just haven't been blog motivated.  March recipes are rather meager.... I better get my back side into gear!

Breakfast Sausage Casserole
1 pound ground pork sausage
1 teaspoon mustard powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
5 eggs, beaten
2 cups milk
6 slices white bread, toasted and cut into cubes
8 ounces shredded cheddar and Monterey jack cheese blend

Directions:
Brown sausage in a medium skillet; crumble and drain.
In a large bowl, mix together mustard powder, salt, eggs and milk.  Add the sausage, bread cubes and cheese; stir to blend completely.  Pour into a greased 9x13-inch baking dish.  Cover and chill in the refrigerator overnight.  Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Cover and bake 45 minutes.  Uncover and reduce temperature to 325 degrees F.  Bake for an additional 30 minutes or until set.
   **  I did not let it set overnight... I didn't plan that well!  I just reduced the cooking time to a straight 45 minutes and it was done.

No comments:

Post a Comment