Sunday, December 16, 2012

Sunday School: Bags for the homeless

In keeping with our theme this month for serving others, I had the kids make a bag to give to a home less person (or maybe one of the veterans you see asking for money).  If money was not an option then I would be able to make hundreds of these to take to the local shelter and include so much more... but, I live in reality and so just had each child make one bag (although I did also get my mom's class and one other class to do this too!) I found some free printable Gospel Tracts here and had the kids include those in the bags.  I also printed off some Bible verses that the kids can tape on to various items. All in all 18 bags were made!  Here is what I've got:
Bottled Water 
 Bible Verse:  Jesus said, "Everyone who drinks this water will get thirsty again and again. Anyone who drinks the water I give will never thirst -not ever.  John 4:14

Pair of Socks
And the same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from His glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus.  Philippians 4:19

Protein Bar  
I have the strength to face all conditions by the power that Christ gives me.  Philippians 4:13

Peanut Butter Crackers
Then Jesus said, "I am the bread that gives life.  No one who comes to me will ever be hungry.  No one who believes in me will ever be thirsty.  John 6:35

Hand/Foot Warmers
He will cover you with feathers and under His wing you will find refuge. His truth is your shield and refuge.  Psalm 91:4

I want to wish you all a merry Christmas.  Please pray for the families who have lost loved ones in the Connecticut school shooting.  I can't even begin to imagine how devastated the parents of the killed babies must be.

No comments:

Post a Comment