Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Cake Decorating the Wilton way... more or less

For my birthday my in-laws gave me and my husband a gift certificate to take lessons in cake decorating. We signed up through a course that our local Michael's gave for course 1. It's an enjoyable class and our teacher is fantastic! I have two complaints; the first one is the frosting we are to use is icky tasting... blech. It leaves a greasy coating in your mouth. The second complaint has to do again with the frosting. It is the recipe that is posted in the Wilton lesson book, but it doesn't take in to consideration that Crisco no longer has transfats in its product. The frosting does not produce smooth edges and easily cracks. Our instructor told us to use milk and not water for the liquid. However, even after trying these, the results are poor. Even she (the instructor) continues to be baffled as to how we can rectify the problem.  Frosting aside, we are having fun and have signed up to take the  level 2 class.  Just for fun, I thought I would share with you some of our projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment