Saturday, August 28, 2010

Fudge Babies - caution; highly addictive

Print Friendly and PDF

The challenge for August, on  the Monthly Challenge, was to visit another members blog and try one of their recipes.
I wanted to take my appetite towards another direction... raw baby, raw. I admit I have been a bit intrigued by the raw diet. Not so much that I want to go raw, but intrigued nonetheless. Housewife in the raw has some appealing recipes but I wanted to go with something I knew I would like... chocolate. I mean, can you really go wrong with anything made from chocolate???? I tried a recipe for Fudge babies- or homemade Lara Bars. These are fudgy, nutty and oh so naughty tasting! These will definitely be something I will make again in the future. Go here for her information and take a peek at her blog. I'm going to do a repeat visit and try her granola recipes next!

My only complaint with this recipe was that it didn't make near enough.
they don't photograph pretty but they taste good!
Fudge Babies
adapted by me


1 1/2 cups pecan pieces
1 1/3 cup pitted dates
1 teapoon vanilla extract
4 Tablespoons dark cocoa powder

I threw everything in to my vita mix and hit the power button. Once everything was chopped up, I took the dough and rolled in to little balls. I'm thinking that I will roll them into coconut next time

1 comment:

  1. My favorite combo of late is cashews, dates, peanut butter and chocolate chips. YUM!! I haven't tried pecans yet - I'll have to give those a whirl. And you're right, they are very hard to photograph without making them look, well, like poop.

    ReplyDelete