Monday, November 19, 2012

and so it begins.....

     Welcome to my blog. I'm trying to phase out another blog I had (http://letstrythese.blogspot.com)I had going all about food and thought that I would remain silent. Writing must be in my blood though (not grammar so please be kind!) as I find solace through writing. I don't think I have anything exactly profound to say... maybe it won't even be interesting to any one else but me...But I went to bed last night with this thought of a new Bible study I will be leading by Priscilla Shirer, on the book of Jonah.  I just love the title of her book; Life Interrupted:Navigating the Unexpected.  That is and has been my life in a nutshell...Life interrupted... the unexpected...
      My life is typical of everyone else's life.  As the book of Ecclesiastes has taught me, there is nothing new under the sun.  Will my life may have different twists than yours, I also know that your life has been its own fun filled twisted journey.  We go through our lives facing the unexpected.  Sometimes those unexpected things are just a minor glitch while other times they are a major interruption!
     This past year has been one interruption after another: Three surgeries in seven months, a child going through divorce, medical bills, adult children moving back home (one hasn't left yet as he has Asperger's Syndrome, Ehlers Danlos Syndrome, OCD and the list goes on).  Chaos abounds most days but I know that God is strong enough to handle everything!
     I'm married 27 years to the most amazing man(such a cliche, I know. But he really is!) and have three grown children plus one absolutely adorable grand sweetie.  The oldest is one of two sons and is looking for employment. Our middle child is the lone daughter and then there is our youngest who is the remaining son.
     My husband and I are part of several ministries in our church.  We are especially active in children's ministries where together we teach the First and Second grade Sunday school class.  Love love love those kids, 'nuff said :-)  I also direct our weekly preschool AWANA Cubbies program, run the nursery, teach Bible studies and do whatever else God leads me to.
Part of the fun of teaching is decorating the classroom.  We change it up a few times a year but here are some pics of the classroom decorated right now:


idea from Pinterest
     I'm so excited about starting this blog... I look forward to meeting with those who choose to join me on this crazy ride!
Vivian
Galatians 5:5

No comments:

Post a Comment