Monday, October 24, 2011

Chocolate Fudge Butterfingers Cookies


Butterfinger candy bars are absolutely wonderful!  I know that there are people out there that disagree and we are all entitled to our opinions :-)  Someday I would like to try and recreate the candy bar itself, but for right now I am not that ambitious.
Blog hopping, I came across a recipe for Butterfinger cookies and I just knew that I had to give the recipe a go.  I went to the store and bought three candy bars.... the recipe called for two but I had to make sure that they were a quality product, didn't I? I even ate the candy bar in the parking lot. I had to be sure that I was getting the best available!
Once home I set about following the recipe and was pleased with the ooey, gooey, chewy outcome.  I'll be looking for Halloween candy clearance sales to see if I can get a deal on more candy bars.... this is a keeper recipe!
I found the recipe for Chocolate Fudge Butterfingers at barbarabakes.com .  She posted this recipe as part of a twelve weeks of Christmas Cookies Blog Hop.  I spent a bit of time browsing through her blog.  She is also a daring kitchen baker so she and I have that in common.  I fully credit this to her (which she adapted from the Picky Palate) and she would be thrilled if you made it and thanked her for the recipe (here)!  I did change the recipe slightly and you can see my changes written in the italics.
Chocolate Fudge Butterfinger Cookies
slightly adapted from Picky Palate
1 3/4 cups flour1 1/4 cups cocoa powder (I used Hershey's Special dark  cocoa)
2 tsps. baking soda1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar    (I reduced sugar to 3/4 cup)
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 eggs1 tsp. vanilla
2 Full size Butterfinger Bars, crushed
1 1/2 Cups semi sweet chocolate chips

Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and line cookie sheets with parchment or silpat liners.In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Set aside.In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Add vanilla and mix until well combined
Stir in flour mixture until just combined. I did the dry mixture in three additions just so I wouldn't have a floury mess with my stand mixture.  Then stir in crushed Butterfinger and chocolate chips.
Using a medium cookie scoop, drop by rounded spoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 9-11 minutes, should still be soft in center. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Yields 3 dozen cookies

1 comment:

  1. I love chewy cookies with gooey fillings. These look so inviting!

    ReplyDelete