Sunday, October 23, 2011

Chocolate Whopper Cookies


Hi, my name is Vivian and I am a chocoholic.  Well, chocolate is just one of my addictions... I have a serious sprinkle addiction too.  But today we will focus on my chocolate- really, focus Vivian, focus (Now I want to get up and grab a handful of whoppers!).  I recently bought some Carnation Chocolate Malt powder.  I cannot for the life of me remember why I bought it.  I suppose a recipe popped up that looked good but I haven't a clue which one it might have been.  Organization has to become one of my goals.....sigh.
In any case, I had this malt powder and felt it was time to use it.  Several recipes popped up on Google that used malt powder or extract but they seemed flat. Not quite what I was looking for.  Plus, most didn't include Whoppers and it just wouldn't be any fun to not include those!  Further research led me to All Home Made Cookies which had a Chocolate Malt Cookie that used malted milk balls but not the powder.  If I didn't get those cookies made soon all my Whoppers were going to be gone.  I decided to just revamp their recipe and they turned out quite yummy!       

                    
 Chocolate Malt Cookies
adapted from AllHomemadeCookies.com
Ingredients:
3/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. butter, softened
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
1 1/4 c. Pillsbury Best® All Purpose Flour
1/4 cup Carnation Chocolate Malt Powder
2 T. unsweetened cocoa
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
2 T. sugar
42 chocolate malted milk balls

 Directions:
Cream together 3/4 c. sugar and butter, in a large mixing bowl. 
Add vanilla and egg, blending well. Add the next 5 ingredients and mix until blended well. 
Shape dough into 1-inch balls and roll around in remaining 2 T. of sugar until lightly coated.
Place cookie balls onto an ungreased cookie sheet(I prefer to use parchment paper) and bake for 7-10 minutes at 400 degrees, or until edges are set.
Remove cookies from oven and press 1 malted milk ball into the center of each cookie. 
Cool for 2-3 minutes and remove from pan.
Makes about  3 1/2 dozen cookies

1 comment:

  1. I can't never get enough of chocolate cookies! Those look terrific!

    ReplyDelete