Sunday, April 29, 2012

Lemon Ricotta Cookies

Sorry... I've been having to work out a ton of pre-surgery details and haven't had much blogging time. Things have been rather hectic around here!

I am a huge lemon fan and when it was time for me to make more cookies for the Walden House, I wanted to do something lemony.  I found this recipe for Lemon Ricotta cookies and they are very good.  One lady requested that I keep her in supply with them since she loves them so much!

Lemon Ricotta Cookies
adapted from Giada De Laurentiis
        yields about 4 dozen cookies
2 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 stick unsalted butter, softened
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 (15-ounce) container part skim ricotta cheese
3 tablespoons lemon juice
1 lemon, zested
powder sugar

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
In a large mixing bowl, combine butter and sugar and cream together until light and fluffy.
One at a time, add the eggs and mix well to combine.  Beat in the ricotta, lemon juice and zest.
Stir in the dry ingredients.

Line baking sheets with parchment paper, or silpat. Spoon cookie dough onto prepared sheets ( I use my 1 1/2 tablespoon scoop) and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and dust with powder sugar.  Let cookies cool completely before removing from tray.

No comments:

Post a Comment