Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Completion of the Wilton Cake Decorating class, course 2

Hubby and I just wrapped up our course 2 class last night.  The first course we had to bring in  baked cake, or cupcakes each time.  This time we only had to do a cake for our final night.  The primary method being taught is making flowers from royal icing.  I found it much easier to do the flowers this way rather then the buttercream method taught in the first course.  I still can't get the stinkin' roses correct but I think that has to do with the arthritis I have in my fingers.  I can't sping the nail fast enought... Oh well.  We've signed up for the next course, fondant and tier cakes, which begins next monday.  We will be learning how to make a rose using the fondant and I think I will be more effective in doing them this way.  We still had a bunch of buttercream frosting from the first course so used that up rather than making new colors.  My cake is the one posted above - the basket.  Hubby's is down below.  He was following this design from the book that showed making a woven carriage. 

No comments:

Post a Comment