Tuesday, July 6, 2010

July Cookie Carnival: Oatmeal (C)raisin Cookies

Print Friendly and PDF
This is my first month of being part of the Cookie Carnival... yeah, I like challenges as they tend to motivate me :-)  There were two options to choose from and I decided to do the Pillsbury Oatmeal Raisin Cookies....sort of.  I'm totally out of Raisins and so chose to add Craisins instead. I made a few other changes as well and they will be noted in italics next to the original ingredient 

Oatmeal (C)Raisin Cookies
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar   I used dark brown sugar as it is a favored preference
1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened   I used unsalted butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 egg
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
1/2 cup raisins   switched out the raisins for Craisins
1/2 cup chopped nuts  Added toasted Pecans as my choice of nut

DIRECTIONS
1. Toast pecans over medium heat on stove top using a skillet.  These can burn so don't turn your back on them!  Once the Pecans start to release their fragrance and a bit of their natural oil, remove from heat and let cool.

2. Heat oven to 375°F. Spray cookie sheets with nonstick cooking spray. In large bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar and margarine; beat until light and fluffy. Add vanilla and egg; blend well.  Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Stir in oats, Craisins and toasted pecans.
3. Drop dough by using either a rounded teaspoon or a cookie scoop (my scoop uses a tablespoon) and place 2 inches apart onto sprayed cookie sheets or silpat. 

4. Bake at 375°F. for 7 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 1 minute; remove from cookie sheets. Made about 3 1/2 dozen cookies.
                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment