Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Chicken Piccata

I think we eat more chicken than any other meat.  It gets old very quick, so I am always on the lookout for something new to try.One of my favorite food magazines is Cuisine at Home.  It reminds me of what Taste of Home magazine used to be....before they made a bunch of revisions.  I found a recipe for Chicken Piccata that sounded good (if you omit the capers... YUCK!) so I added it to this month's menu.  It was pretty yummy and, aside from the time it took to pound out, went relatively quick.  Even my finicky son liked it and that's saying something!! 
The original recipe serves two but I had to make enough for eight people.  
I've typed out the recipe for making 4 servings.  I also had to do double pans so 
my pictures will be from one or other pan I used.  Sorry!
 Chicken Piccata
Makes 4 servings
adapted from Cuisine at Home magazine

4 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut in half
and pounded into cutlets
Salt and black pepper
All-purpose flour
4 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoon drained capers (which I left out!)
4 tablespoons unsalted butter

Directions
Season cutlets with salt and pepper, then dredge in flour.
In a large saute pan, add oil and heat over medium high heat.
Saute cutlets 2-3 minutes on one side.  Flip cutlets over
and saute the other side, covered, 1-2 minutes. Transfer
cutlets to a warmed platter; pour off fat from the pan.

Deglaze pan with wine and add minced garlic. Cook until garlic is slightly
 brown and liquid is nearly evaporated, about 2 minutes.
Add broth, lemon juice and capers (if you want them).
Return cutlets to pan and cook on each side for 1 minute.  
Transfer cutlets to warm plates.
Finish sauce with butter.  Once butter melts, pour sauce
over cutlets.
Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and lemon slices (if desired).
Serve immediately.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment