Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Lemon Crinkles


Nothing beats the winter blahs than lemon. I don't know why this is exactly only that lemon just reminds me of sunny, happy times.  I found Laurenslatest blog through Pinterest.  I strongly encourage you to visit her blog as its just amazing.  I take absolutely no credit for this recipe... but they are sure tasty!  Stop by her blog and tell her how much you enjoyed them!
Lemon Crinkle Cookiesyield: 2-3 dozen
from Lauren's latest
Ingredients:
½ cups Butter, Softened
1 cup Granulated Sugar
½ teaspoons Vanilla Extract
1 whole Egg
1 teaspoon fresh Lemon Zest (I used the zest of one small lemon)
1 Tablespoon Fresh Lemon Juice ( I used the small lemon and it was about 1 1/2 tablespoons)
¼ teaspoons Salt
¼ teaspoons Baking Powder
⅛ teaspoons Baking Soda
1-½ cup All-purpose Flour
1/2 cups Powdered Sugar  (for rolling dough into, not for the cookie dough itself!)
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease baking sheets with non stick cooking spray or use your Silpat.  I found that they worked well even using parchment paper and eliminated the greasing step all together.
Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, this will take about three minutes if your butter is soft enough.  Add in vanilla, egg, lemon zest and juice. In a separate bowl, combine allthe dry ingredients (except the powdered sugar) and whisk together. Add to creamed mixture until just combined.  I used my tablespoon cookie scoop and rolled the balls of dough into the powdered sugar.... the recipe said 1/2 cup but I didn't use that much.  I would start with 1/4 cup and add more if needed.  
Bake the cookies for 9-11 minutes or till lightly browned on bottoms.  Let cool before removing from sheet unto cooling racks.

No comments:

Post a Comment