Friday, January 6, 2012

Playtime with Lyra- Sensory Box

My little grandsweetie is getting so big!  We babysit her while mommy works so I am always trying to think of something else to do rather than play princess or watch Frosty, again. As I've mentioned before, I've become a big fan of Pinterest.  As if my plate wasn't full enough, I know have a bulletin board showing me all that I've not yet done! LOL! There are some great ideas to use with kids and I thought I would share with you something we've done. One blog I've pinned a ton from is Play at Home Mom.  While Lyra has some small choking hazard items in this, she only plays with this when we are sitting at the table.  I've got some bigger items for her to find when she plays alone.
While I could have used plain colored rice, I opted to use my neon food colors and give her some color.  After the rice was colored I laid it on to a cookie sheet and dried it in the oven.
 Be prepared to sweep up after this project!  Rice can get a bit all over the place.
I'm a lot less anal about messes now that I'm a grandma!
God Bless!!

No comments:

Post a Comment